Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Why You Need a Printed Parka

Festival season is once again upon us. Around this time of year, I start thinking about my first experience at a festival. It was some years ago now, when Lily Allen had first started out.

Upon arrival at the festival gates I would assaulted by a world of colours and sounds. Over the speakers boomed the collective noise of various artists performing in different tents. The floor was littered with paper cups and other rubbish. Bizarrely, some people were frantically collecting these cups. It was only later that I found out you could exchange these cups for beer. Police strolled through the crowds, as clowns did juggling tricks in one corner of the field and a few stray dogs rushed through the crowd (a breach in security apparently). After several attempts, we pitched our tent and waded through the mud to a bar. After queuing for an hour I finally bought an alcoholic drink, which I was much in need of. It was at this point that the heavens opened.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed the music at the festival, and the general party atmosphere. I could even put up with the lack of sleep for a couple of days. The one thing that I simply could not abide, however, was being wet.

Dampness creeps through your skin, into your bones. Once you have a chill, it is incredibly difficult to feel warm again. During this particular festival, I was cold for the following three days. Plus, because I felt cold I kept having to dash to the ladies, not much fun when you have to use a portaloo.

So, for my festival antics this year, I decided to visit www.newlook.com to buy a printed parka. Usually I’m not a big fan of the parka jacket. However, these parkas are no ordinary coats. They’re really funky, lightweight and better yet will keep out the pesky rain if it does happen to pour. Which knowing my luck it will. They have a patterned design which fits in well with the season’s love of bright colours, statement pieces and floral designs.

After I bought a printed parka, I was pleased with how versatile it turned out to be. I could wear it with either skinny jeans and pumps, or wear it open with a summer dress for a hippie chick look. The exuberant nature of the jacket means it looks good teamed with statement jewellery and oversized accessories such as my festival-going tote bag. As it is waterproof, the parka should keep out the rain and keep me warm and dry for the two days I am planning to spend rocking out. Plus, I can roll it up if it does get too hot and carry it around with me in my bag.Floral Print Parka copy

So if you are looking for a handy, light jacket to take to festivals, look no further than a printed parka. Fun, stylish and most importantly waterproof, taking one of these when you’re out and about in the English countryside can only be a good idea!

No comments: