Thursday, July 18, 2013

Exploding Offers and Buy-now Discounts Strategy

Are these signs very familiar to you? Aren't they tempting to shop when you see them at the stores : be it online or at regular stores?
sale


How can one not like huge sale, great deals and discounts right? All consumers want to experience getting discounts from the items they purchase leaving them with some pennies still on hand. I guess most of us love to shop every time there is a big sale at the mall or at your fave online shop. GUILTY ME!  I don’t see anything wrong about that but little we didn’t know, we, as consumers are being lured by marketing strategies of the malls so we can shop more that sometimes we end up buying things that we really don't need in the first place.

Hmmmmm…. I have read a great article few weeks ago  and I learned that there is the “Exploding Discounts” strategy that most stores have been implementing. We often see signs from store like ‘only few pieces left or “sale only till today” and these are what they call psychological tricks. These signs can prompt us to shell out money and purchase the item right away because we don’t want to miss the opportunity that time. Wow.... what great strategy! I am most certainly can say that I have fallen prey to this kind of tactic. yay!

I reckon there are more marketing strategies that most stores do to increase their customers and eventually their sales. Not bad for they really need to step up for it is a business. It solely lies on the consumer if they want to buy or not anyway.

We also have the tendency to impulse buy ,which I am guilty of as well when we see SALE signs. I even had the experience of going to a midnight sale, scouring almost all the stores, checking the sale items and buying . In the end when I am already home, there are items that I really don't need or is not really worth to buy haha. Oh well.... those sale signs are really are a bait for consumers!

18 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Finding sale is what I do most of the time as well. Sometimes you can find really good deals but sometimes not really.

betchai said...

indeed, those sale signs are really a bait for consumers. though, i really do not buy items at regular price, unless of course, if it is an immediate need such as foods and grocery items. but clothes, shoes, gadgets, etc, i usually wait until there is a big reduction in price. i do not really go to a store though because they have big sale, somehow, I could not handle shopping with big crowd, I get headache and very sick, I guess, it is a blessing, I am least tempted to buy anything that I really do not need.

Verns said...

Sale! A very real nice word for shoppers. I don't normally get swayed by this especially that we have I three school children and that their tuition is more a priority than a piece of Forever21, but what can I do, this store has all the right pieces that fits into my right places, I'm just a woman vulnerable to something pretty and nice especially when i says, 70% off the tag... hahaha!

Admin said...

Rose.oo guilty rin ako sa mga sale items but sometimes napapabili ng di oras hehe

Admin said...

Betchai.. galing nga ng mga stores SALE signs ang pang-akit nila. I hate na rin going to midnight sale haba pila ng pagsukat atpagbayad pero minsan i got tempted hhaha

Admin said...

yes the sacrifice of parents for the sake of their children....pero katempt talaga mga sale di ba hehe..

Rcel said...

Guilty as charged here! Lol. I always get stuck at the CLEARANCE section of every store I go to, and most of the times, there are products I bring with me to the counter as a result of that think called "impulse buying". :D

Algene said...

I always keep myself in my room pagmay-sale. I have this tendency kasi to over-buy things! :)

Travel Quest said...

I always see that sign during Black Friday Sale or Holiday Sale. I love sale and coupons I go whenever it takes he he!

Tingting R. said...

I rarely pay full price. I like to shop in the clearance section or if I have a coupon.

Dhemz said...

in the market's point of view, sale and deals are definitely great strategies to gain customers.

papaleng said...

My wife is so good in finding SALE. Me I just content my self dun sa free Taste.. LOL

Admin said...

haha me too guilty sa impulse buying kaya now I banned myself from going to the malls..lol

Admin said...

same here.. kaya eto ban ko ang sarili ko to shop lol

Admin said...

ahh dyan masarap mashopping talagang malaki mga discounts lalo nga pag ganyang black Friday grabe mga pila no

Admin said...

oo nga uso dyan ang coupons no kaya lalong nakakasave

Admin said...

korek! pang-akit talaga mga sales! gustong gusto naman natin hehe

Admin said...

haha pinatwa mo na naman ako papaleng.. ayos ang free taste! last week naka free taste din ako ng spaghetti sa puregold hehe